Thursday, June 28, 2007

Gryffindor hat


Gryffindor hat
Originally uploaded by Poor Luci
Ah, the latest on the Gryffindor hat...........I am slowly getting it finished. I took off with such speed and now I am slowly sputtering along with it. I am using the Plymouth Encore and I really like it, I say that because I am so surprised! I usually do not like acrylic but this is very soft and even has a nice sheen. (Please, please let me finish it soon. ) We are entering Harry Potter mania here..........so is everyone else, I think, that is why the yarn was so hard to track down. None of the LYS ( I use that term lightly because the LYS is about 85 miles away) carries it so I had to scour the internet for it . I ended up at two of the biggies, Patternworks and Webs. I ordered some from Webs and shipped it out in 2 days, after charged 3 bucks more for shipping but it arrived in 2 days so I forgave, still, 8 bucks for shipping is high. With Patternworks I am still waiting for my yarn, it has been 2 weeks and I still waiting for my yarn......ugh. So, there is something to be said for high shipping, I guess. Now,I am just waiting for Webs to restock the Ravenclaw colors and I will be raring to go.....

No comments: