Thursday, June 28, 2007

Enter the Gusset


My sock progress
Originally uploaded by Poor Luci
I am finally finally at the gusset. I am really beginning to worry about this sock. I think the size 2 needles I am using are too big. This yarn is really stretchy so I may have been better off using a smaller one. And I decided to tempt fate and not do a gauge swatch. I had knit enough Lorna's Laces to know I was knitting at 9 stitches to the inch with that and thought there was something wrong with me. 9 stitches to the inch, isn't tat a crazy gauge? Jeez, my socks were tight. I really need to do gauge swatches............................

1 comment:

Psych Out said...

I love your blog! I'm working on a pair of socks with the same yarn, and I am also concerned that the US size 2 needles are too big. I only figured it out after 1 1/2 socks, so I'm forging on ahead. Next time I'll use size 0 or 1 needles with this yarn.

Lynn