Monday, October 15, 2007

We are never getting out of here

NEVER
NEVER
NEVER

We are still sitting here, stuck in temporary quarters, waiting ....for something, anything. Everything else is done, the sellers want to sell, we want to buy, lawyers at the ready. Mortgage ready to be called in, just waiting. So, why are we still here? Because the 401K people keep finding excuse after excuse to not give us our downpayment money. It is one thing after another, and here we are, on the day we were supposed to close, and we can't, had to extend because they find it impossible to get their shit together. Every time they come up with a new demand, we jump through hoops, finding notaries and overnight delivery services and they just sit and twiddle their thumbs. While we remain in limbo. For over a month
Next week, our lease here will be up, we will have to get out, and where will we go? None of us have a clue.
So, I try not to spend too much money, but it is hard when you are bored and stuck in a tiny place with an anxious toddler. I have way too many new knitting books, that I don't need, that I keep buying to make myself feel better for a minute. And yarn and Knitpicker bags, (aren't they awesome?) And, of course, my ex, once again, did not pay his child support.
Ugh!
So, hows your day?

1 comment:

Anna said...

(((HUGS)))

I am sorry to hear about your situation. I wish I had some advice to offer or something. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

In response to your post on my blog: Koigu is a great yarn. I would hoard it if I had enough money. The Jaywalkers pattern is pretty easy. Once you get going, it's easy to memorize the pattern. I just love how it zigzags with striping yarn. Small things like that amuse me.