Sunday, January 6, 2008

One Sock Down


onesockdown 001
Originally uploaded by Poor Luci
Alrighty!!! I finished my first sock, it went pretty fast and I love the yarn, I really do adore this Sock Pixie stuff. I just wish we were not in monetary lock down so I could buy some of her new stuff.
The sock turned out well, but i am not real crazy about these short row heels. At first I was and then ....ehhh. they leave little holes running up the sides and you really have to keep a good count of what you are doing. I imagine there is a trick to it that I haven't figured out yet. But, other than that, I love the pattern and the striping. It is a very cute sock. My first for myself. So, off to CO for the other one and then next up....
Embossed Leaves (again)

oooooooooooooo!

1 comment:

Anna said...

I think the sock looks nice. I really like the colors. I've seen articles on short-row heels without holes, but I can't really help you with that because I've never knit a short-row heel. It's on my 2008 to-do list, though.

I hear you on the "monetary lockdown." I don't remember the last time I bought yarn for myself. I did snap up some sock yarn for a holiday gift for a friend, but that's it. Oh, well, things could be worse!